Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Zombie©

Remember that lovable boy-doll from the 80's named "My Buddy?" Well, toy maker Kenbro is partnering with the US government in its latest Zombie desensitization campaign.

The new kid's doll will be called "My Zombie" and is rumored to go on sale in late 2010 just in time for Christmas. This timeline is perfectly placed at two years before Z-Day given the typical toy market fatigue for ages 3-6. By December 2012 every child who wants a My Zombie doll will have one!

This desensitization campaign is designed to do two things...

1. Introduce children to the idea that Zombies are normal and can even be fun. Children are a key conversion demographic as most people will disobey government orders to try and save their children. But if the kids have already been infected from playing with the Zombie in the front yard, why fight it?

2. Introduce the entire household to the idea of Zombies using something every child will ask Santa Claus for. How can we say "no" to kids? The more Zombies become a normal part of our lives, the less extraordinary it will be when we see Zombies in real life.


Kenbro has already been working on a commercial and asked Marilyn Manson to do the music. Expect to hear the following jingle on your TV in fall of 2010...

My Zombie
My Zombie
Wherever I go, he goes
My Zombie
My Zombie
He has stuff running out of his nose
My Zombie
My Zombie
He wears blood stained clothes
My Zombie
My Zombie
My Zombie and Me

No comments: